The country of Canada sits at the northern part of the North American continent. Its southern border stretches from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.
Some quick facts about Canada include:
- In terms of size, Canada is the world’s second-largest country. The Russian Federation is the world’s largest.
- The capital of Canada is Ottawa, which is located in the province of Ontario.
- Canada has two official languages: English and French.
- There are two national sports: Lacrosse and Ice Hockey.
- The United States and Canada share the world’s longest undefended border.
- Some famous Canadians include: actors Brendan Fraser and Rachel McAdams, hockey player Wayne Gretzky, and musician Alanis Morisette.
© ProjectExplorer.org, 2010-present.
Text by Jenny M Buccos.
Image from the CIA Factbook.